WHY GOLF NUTRITION?
World-class athletes, from Olympic athletes to football players to table tennis, are enhancing their competitive edge by properly fueling their bodies for maximum energy, clarity and muscle recovery. Nutrition is especially important for athletes in any sport where consecutive days of play are part of the competition. Golf certainly fits that description and requires maximum levels of fitness, endurance, focus and recovery.
Golf Canada States:
The energy demands of playing golf:
- The average round is 227 minutes and the players walk a minimum of 9000 metres.
- Most time was spent at moderate exercise intensity: 82 minutes at 50-74% of maximal heart rate reserve. However, there was a wide gap between the average and maximal heart rate, indicating considerable temporary physical demands.
The most important nutrient – WATER!!!
Hydration before you play
- The fact that water is vital for peak bodily function is unequivocal. Although a separate paper could be written on the benefits of proper hydration and the dangers associated with dehydration, some general guidelines are:
- Up to two hours before the start of an exercise approximately 500 mL of fluid should be consumed.
- Drink another 250 mL 30 minutes before, then another 250 mL 15 minutes before the game.
You will learn about the 4 Pillars of Golf Nutrition:
- Eat nutrient-dense foods.
- Maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Consume high-antioxidant superfoods and supplements.
- Eat and supplement with superfats.
LEARN HOW TO MAKE A PLAN THAT FITS YOUR GOLF GAME: Golfers now have the ability to gain that intangible, competitive edge both on the course and off by adding the power of nutrition to their game. In addition to increased levels of energy, mental focus and endurance, staying healthy results in longer lasting careers as an athlete.
Join Caitlin Hamilton and Ashley Gravett for a 45 Minute Golf Clinic, 45 Minute Nutrition Workshop and an Question and Answer period.
Reserve your spot with Ashley at email@example.com or call 519-524-8047 ext 6.